So here's the plan: between now and my next birthday in July of 2014, I will be creating a list of 50 new things to do, and checking them off as I go merrily along. I don't even have the full-fledged list yet (let's face it; I'm still me), but I'll be checking in occasionally to add to the running list and noting things that are done. By July of next year, I'll plan to post something like a final tally.
Here's the start of it:
1. Take a trapeze class (Britt - this one is all your fault)
2. Read at least one John Green book, to see what all the fuss from my daughters is about
3. Try sushi (I know; I live a sheltered life. Don't judge.)
4. Travel overseas with a friend (EEEEEK - already in the works! YAY!!!)
5. Treat myself to a spa or massage or mani or pedi
6. Watch a season of Downton Abbey
7. Watch a season of Sherlock
8. Build or refurbish a piece of furniture for the house or garden
9. Take a class in some artsy-related field
10. Unplug completely for a week
Your suggestions and/or comments are welcome, and in fact, expected. The budget is limited, so inexpensive ventures are appreciated. Let's make it a party - jump on in. The water's fine.